- Women own 1% of the world’s property.
- “We will literally take tablets and drop them out of helicopters” and check back in a year later to see how everyone is doing. — oh, One Laptop Per Child, how you never cease to amaze me with your nonsense.
- How are donors expected to get around Malawi to do their aid projects when there’s no fuel? Or when the prices of fuel have gone up 27%?
- Some background on Eritrea as a failed state at odds with neighbors, i.e., According to the 2010 Press Freedom Index…Eritrea ranks 175th out of 175 countries surveyed.
- Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is looking for a Project Associate in Kenya (review of applications begin Nov. 16)
- The Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Internship deadline for Spring semester is quickly approaching (Nov. 25)
- Population Council’s Bixby fellowship for post-docs from developing countries (due Jan. 15)
- 3ie is hiring an impact evaluation manager to work in Panama, fluency in Spanish required (deadline: ASAP, work starts in Nov.)
…and a little entertainment that simultaneously warms the heart: